How To Empty Trash in Windows Live Mail
Dear Computer Lady,
I have a new computer with Windows 7, and I am using the new Live Mail program that is provided with it.
My question is, how do I delete all the emails in my trash folder at once?
Right now, I am doing it one at a time.
There are a couple of ways you can empty the Deleted Items folder in Windows Live Mail.
First, you can click on “Edit” in the menu bar,
and then click on “Empty Deleted Items Folder”.
If that method does not work for you, you can simply right click on the “Deleted items” folder located in the left-hand column, and then click on “Empty Deleted Items Folder”.
If you want the “Deleted Items” folder to automatically empty every time you close Windows Live Mail, just follow these directions for setting it up.
1. Open Windows Live Mail.
2. In the Menu bar, click on “Tools” and then click on “Options”.
3. In the Options Dialog Box, click on the “Advanced” tab.
4. On the Advanced page, click on the “Maintenance…” button.
5. In the Maintenance dialog box, click to put a check mark in front of “Empty messages from the “Deleted Items” folder on exit”.
6. Click the “Close” button in the Maintenance dialog box.
7. Click the “OK” button in the Options dialog box.
I hope this helps you to keep your computer cleaned out.