Removing Wild Tangent Games
Dear Computer Lady,
When I purchased my desktop computer with Windows 7, it came with 36 pre-installed games from Wild Tangent, Inc. This is in addition to the ones from Microsoft. The only game I ever play, and only occasionally, is Solitaire. It is very annoying to have to scroll way down the list to get to the Solitaire game, so I stopped playing it.
I feel that this is way too many games to be installed on one computer. Is there a way that I can safely get rid of these games from Wild Tangent, Inc. without compromising any other games?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Maryellen
There is a way that you can safely get rid of the games that you don’t want installed on your computer. Here is how to get rid of games, and other programs that you don’t need on your Windows 7 computer.
1. Click on “Start” and then on “Control Panel”.
2. In the Control Panel, find the “Programs” section, and click on “Uninstall a program” in that section.
3. Wait a minute or two while the list of installed programs loads, then scroll down the list until you find the games.
4. Click once on the program you want to remove, then go up to the toolbar at the top of the window, and click on the word, “Uninstall”
5. This will start the uninstall process. Answer any questions that might pop up, and you will be rid of the offending games.