I was wondering if there is an easy way of clearing the email trash folder on an iPad.
There is an easy way to empty the trash folder on your iPad email app. Here is how:
1. Open the “Mail” app on your iPad.
2. Tap on the upper-left icon in the Mail app. It might say, “Mailboxes” or in my case, it says “Gmail”.
3. Tap on the email account you are using. Mine says, “Gmail”, yours might say, “Yahoo” or whatever program you are using.
4. Tap on the “Trash” folder for your email account.
5. Now that you are looking at the items in the trash folder, tap on the “Edit” button located just to the right of the word, “Trash”.
6. Tap on the “Delete All” icon at the bottom of the screen.
7. A larger “Delete All” button will appear. Tap on that as well.
8. In a few seconds (or longer if you have lots of messages in the deleted folder) all your messages will be gone and the “Trash” folder will be empty.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.