Love your newsletter!
I have a question I haven’t been able to find an answer to. I’m using Win 7 home prem, with windows live mail. I put lots of pictures and other emails in folders.
I would like to save these folders to a disc or flash drive.
Is there a way I can do this so I can access and save them?
Thank you, Miriam
Yes, there is a way that you can save your emails on a disc or flash drive.
Let’s get started.
It is easy to use a flash drive to store your messages, a little bit harder to use a CD or DVD disc, so I am going to give you directions for using a flash drive.
1. Insert your flash drive into an available USB port.
2. When a window pops up asking what you want to do with the drive, click on “Open Folder to view files”.
3. Take that folder window, and move it to one side of your screen, you will need it again in step 8.
4. Open Windows Live Mail.
5. Navigate to one of your folders that you have saved messages in.
6. Click once on one of the messages to highlight it.
7. Use the keyboard combination Ctrl + A to highlight all the messages in the folder.
8. Now, use your mouse to drag those highlighted messages from Windows Live Mail, to the flash drive folder.
When the files have finished copying, you will have them both in your email program, and on the flash drive.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.